Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Smoky Mountains


Last week my parents took the whole family to the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee, what a blessing this was to us all! It was so great to be with my family for a whole week and create "memory stones". My Dad did such a great job giving the glory to God for this trip, leading us in devotions and worship, praying over us ~ keeping our eyes on the Giver of Gifts. My Mom was a joyful servant the whole week~thank you Mom for your example to you children, your sacrifice for your grandchildren. Nathan or should I say "Super Nae-Nae" (as his Uncle Rob named him) had a ball. He absolutely loved playing with his cousins and hiking the big mountains, he was in his glory~so many sticks and leaves and things to explore and places to run. Our little foster Daughter was a little blessing too, such a happy baby and content on the trip bringing many smiles to us all (I had to chop her out of the family pictures though and Nathan got chopped in one too because he was beside her:) Some more favorites: Dinner times with the family; watching the cousins play; playing Piggy (a favorite spanish card game); listening to Nicolas lead worship; riding horses with Emmy, having little heads pop in when I was bathing or feeding the baby girl; double date night with my little Sis; sharing Thanksgiving with my whole family; birthday night; coffee with my sis-in-law; singing songs while hiking the trails. Thank you Gramma and Papa for this vacation, thank you Lord for blessing us in so many ways and strengthening our family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oh, it looks like you had just the perfect fall vacation! I'm so glad you had a such a nice time, and I enjoyed seeing the pictures :)

Keri