And by faith we can see it afar;
For the Father waits over the way
To prepare us a dwelling place there.
Steve's Grandfather, Nathan and Lydia's Great Grandfather, went to be with his Savior this past Thursday. He was 99 years old and was quite amazing. He was always on the go, catching the bus to take him all around Reading and stopping occasionally to hit some golf balls~one of his favorite past times. He loved to be with his family and loved the children. Just a couple weeks ago he was throwing balls for Nathan to hit. Everyone was amazed at how far Nathan was hitting them, but really the amazing thing was that his 99 year old Great Grandfather could and found so much joy in playing with his 3 year old great grandson! I am told his Bible was His favorite book to read and if you talked to him long the Lord would undoubtedly come up. He was so thankful for every day that God gave him and I think he is so much more thankful now.
This picture was taken at Lydia's adoption..he was the first one there waiting for us to arrive. I'm so glad the Lord allowed him to be there. We love you Great Grandpa and are thankful for leading your family in the Lord!

3 comments:
I am sorry for your loss, Steve and Marie. What a godly heritage you have.
Mom and I will miss Steve's grand father (he truly was a GRAND Father you know) very much. I loved to sit and talk with him - he had such a positive attitude, and love of life just seemed to "ooze" from him... He loved his Lord too, and like you say above, he loved to talk about his Savior. He is someone that Mom and I will often think of. We will continue to keep all of your family in our prayers. Love you all so much!
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a godly heritage he passed on! We'll be praying for you all.
Post a Comment