Wednesday, January 29, 2014

New York City

We took a family day trip to New York City this past weekend to visit a very good friend of mine/cousin of Steve. Julia and Michael took us around the city with their beautiful son Liam and we had so much fun! We decided against touring the Statue of Liberty due to the cold temperature but thankfully the kids saw her as we crossed a bridge and they were very happy with that. We got to Julia's place in the morning (we woke up very early) and had some yummy coffee and then off to the subways. What fun the subways are to kids. This was one picture where they were sitting on their bottoms, they were usually on their knees staring out the windows.
 Lydia was a little scared of this statue so she opted to skip the picture:)
I was really excited to take the kids to this Off Broadway play of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe that Julia directed. It was great! Lydia said it was her favorite part of the day! I have wanted to see it for a couple years now and finally the kids were old enough..Thank you Julia!
Walking Manhattan on our way to lunch, I forget the name of the place we ate but it was located in the New York Times building which was pretty neat. You can't really fully enjoy walking downtown New York City with 2 kids but it was still fun:)
We toured the Transit Museum which was great. If you had time to read everything I bet you would have learned a great deal of the hows and whys of the subway system, but...Daddy and I enjoyed looking at the old subways and the kids enjoyed climbing in them and running through them. Nathan's highlight of the day was "driving" the bus:) He was a very focused driver...focused on all the gadgets that is.


So after the Museum we were exhausted and we hopped on the real subway and headed back to Julia and Michael's home. The adults just relaxed and chatted while the kids relaxed and watched video's. This was my highlight:) I love chatting with my old roommate and miss her dearly. It was so good to be with her.

Finishing up the evening, Steve's other cousin and his wife came over to have some Pizza with us and it was really nice to see them again also. And then we said our goodbye's, I especially said a goodbye to Julia's dog that we shared for a year before I was married. Poor Tally is 14 years old now, never know if I will see her again, sweet dog. We got in the car and started our drive...30 minutes into the drive Lydia gets car sick..the only downer of the day!

Thank you Julia and Michael for having us and giving up your day to share with us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-) Papa loved taking this trip with all of you!!!