Friday, April 24, 2009

April

So...I know it's way past Easter but I'm a little behind with my posts. We traveled home to my parents for Easter and enjoyed seeing much of my family throughout the weekend, Nathan had a lot of fun with his cousins. I was a little under the weather but thankful for the energy I had. As always the time seemed short but I am looking forward to my parents coming to visit us in a month:)

Nathan's Easter dress, what a handsome little boy! He is getting his last primary tooth right now and I think I should mention so I have it written down somewhere that he is sticking everything and anything in his ear! ~ cheerios, dandelion stems, shoe lace stings, blankets, spoons, sticks, peas and the list goes on and on. I have heard horror stories about things getting stuck in ears and am praying this does not happen in our household:)
And Spring! Spring reminds me and amazes me of how our Lord makes things new and beautiful and we get to see so many wonders that he created come to life. I do love spring.. the birds singing in the morning, no more hats and gloves to battle, everything is blooming, sunshine, windows open....  I have been waiting for my vibernum to bloom and this week the flowers all popped and it smells beautiful and looks beautiful and I feel spring has arrived. 
"for behold, the winter is past; 
the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth,
the time of singing has come,
and the voice of the turtledove
is heard in our land.
The fig tree ripens it's figs,
and the vines are in blossom;
they give forth fragrance.."
Song of Solomon 2:11-13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nathan looked so cute in his Easter outfit! And such energy that young man has. Thank you for the pictures, they always bring back such fond memories. Mom and I are both looking forward to coming down over the holiday! God Bless you all!