Friday, April 3, 2009

Remember with us one more time

A year ago today we picked our little boy up at the Foster parents home, packed all of his belongings in our car and took him home for good! I can't believe it's been a whole year (I think I've said that before). Nathan however was pretty sick and for the next week we were inducted into parenthood:) The day after we took him home he threw up all over me and had really bad diarrhea and a head cold. We took him to the Dr.s and he had two ear infections and bronchiolitus. We had to hook him up to a nebulizer 4 times a day which he wasn't too found of, especially because practical strangers were forcing him to breathe through this mask connected to a panda bear:) I think he screamed throughout most of the treatments. And shortly after this Steve and I got sick, oh-boy that was not fun:) But...even though there was a lot of sickness in our home, they are such good memories to us and we continue to thank the Lord for them all.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

What a sweet picture! One year ago...wow! Look at how faithful God has been in that year. What a blessing to have you and Steve take care of him and serve him so well when he was sick. I am sure then he saw how caring and loving you two were and how blessed he would be to be your little boy=) Praise God for Nathan!

Danielle said...

Hooray. I am glad that you are all feeling better this year! I remember talking to you guys on the phone last year. You sure did get thrown right into the joys of parenting. Enjoy your remembering.

MamaW said...

he looks like such the little man with his hand in his pocket! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

My how handsome this young man is becoming (hey - those look like my socks he'w got on there...just kidding). We're SOOO looking forward to this weekend! Be careful on the highways and we'll have Gram (and maybe Uncle Lee) waiting for you! Love you guys!