Monday, July 13, 2009

Creation Calls

Nathan is amazed by the sky, especially the moon and the stars. We went to a firework display on July 4th and Nathan was a little afraid of the fireworks at first but he was enjoying them by the end. During the display and especially after they were done he was most excited about the moon, he kept on shouting "moon" and pointing~ I love it! If the moon is out even in the daytime (like this morning) he will find it and daily he points to the sky and asks for the stars. Usually I tell him each day that we can only see the stars when it's dark out. So a week or so ago we got home later than usual and it was clear out and getting dark so we decided to keep him up to see the stars. I was holding him and there was one bright star right by the moon and he started getting excited and staring in awe. I began explaining to him how God made the stars and the moon and how he made and loves him. ~ Nathan was quiet and then after gazing up he turned his head away and clung to me.
I think he was just beginning to grasp that there was something bigger out there and I felt the Holy Spirit right there with us. This was so comforting to me, God is at work in our little boy even at two years old~ Thank you Lord for speaking through your beautiful creation. Thank you for pursuing our son. Thank you for reminding me through a two year olds awe how big and amazing You truly are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah! Thank you Ree and Steve, that was one for the books! Love you guys!

Lois Good said...

It is so neat to watch little ones gain understanding. We can learn so much from them!