Monday, May 3, 2010

Lydia

Today parental rights were terminated. Today we have permission to call our little girl Lydia Mae and today we have more freedom to share on this blog what's going on with us all.

It has been an amazingly wonderful 8 months since we have had little Lydia with us but it has also been extremely difficult at times. God has taught me so much about His sovereignty during this time, needing to hold this little girl with open hands to our Lord daily, all the while loving her so very much and finding my only peace at times in the knowledge that whatever He wills will happen regardless of words I said or circumstances that happened. I think the regular visits with her biological mom were the hardest for me because it made me so aware that she was not mine and also made me cling to Jesus and trust His good will with every interaction. It made me see the sorrow and pain that my joy comes from. Looking back on these past 8 months I see so much joy and sadness intermingled. So much joy with loving and sharing life with our Lydia, so much sadness wrapped up with her biological mom and dad's life. So much joy and gratefulness in watching Lydia grow since she was 2 days old, but sadness because I am regularly reminded that I missed these little things with my little boy. So much joy in now knowing that she will be ours soon, but sadness knowing another mother had to say goodbye.

Thankfully, the Lord in His kindness, has made the joy far out weigh the sadness. We love this little Tulip so, so much and our words seem so inadequate to express how thankful and grateful we are that God brought her to us. We treasure EVERY moment we have with her. We are so aware that all of this was and is His doing, He brought it all about and once again it is marvelous in our eyes and we stand in awe.

What's next in the process? Right now we are waiting about 3-4 weeks for the internal paper work to be completed and then they will request a date for us to complete our adoption. Oh, how anxious we are for this day to come:) But until then I have 8 months of pictures to share:)


10 comments:

Kelly said...

YAY!!!! Rejoicing with you, dear friends!! I love seeing that name in the title: "Lydia"! Praise God! xoxo

Audrey said...

The Lord brought you to mind today and I had to smile=)....so grateful for the precious gift that Lydia is to your family...We are celebrating with you!

Unknown said...

How wonderful! I have been eager for pictures and for God to provide a way for you to keep your little girl, and now I get to see both. I pray that the Lord will continue to give you strength and that you would continue to find your delight and satisfaction in Him. Love you!

jona said...

yaya!!! thats so awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Grace, Grace, God's Grace; Grace that is greater than all my sin! I say THANK YOU JESUS! He is good - SO good. And may I say -I LOVE THE NAME LYDIA (I Love Lydia too of course!)! What beautiful pictures those are - what a beautiful addition to your family -mom and I are SO happy. We rejoice with you in the addition of this sweet little bundle of God's love, specially created by our Father above, for you and Steve to cherish. Love you ALL!

Charlie and Lisa said...

Oh Marie, I am just weeping with joy over your growing family!! What a joy it was to see the title of your post, "Lydia"! You are a mom to two precious little ones...happy early Mother's Day!!! Love you, friend.

Danielle said...

Beautiful name for an absolutely beautiful little girl. I am so excited for you and your family, Marie. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers! How good God is. His plan is perfect. I have a smile a mile wide, and tears looking at these pictures. Hooray!!!!

Shannon said...

So excited...CB and I had fun looking at the pictures. Will be praying for the rest of the process...Thanks you God for all you are doing in this family...the ship has come in :)

MamaW said...

Hurrah!
She is beautiful - I have missed seeing these pics so much! What a beautiful and perfect family. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

It was so wonderful to read this post! Life is so often about bittersweet things, isn't it? I loved hearing your heart for Lydia's birth parents and how God has taught you to trust Him more and more in the past 8 months. Thanks for sharing the pictures :)