Thursday, September 16, 2010

Who is this little boy?

God is at work in this little boy's heart, there is no other explanation. For the past week I have looked at my son in amazement over and over and have been thanking Jesus. We have been going through many, many difficult months with Nathan and it has been discouraging, very trying and very difficult to see fruit in his life. This week has been much different and I am overwhelmed with thankfulness to the Lord for doing work and for giving us glimpses of what He's doing! Some evidences of His grace in Nathan's life: Usually when we asked Nathan to do anything the response was "NO!" and a tantrum or complaining, now at least 40 % of the time or more I hear out of his mouth "oh O.K." and he obeys! Wow! And interactions with Lydia have been so much more loving and caring. Now he still does take most of her toys away...but he is also giving her things and wanting to help her and show compassion on her when she is crying. He hasn't knocked her over once this week, (well maybe a couple times but he was sitting behind her and catching her:) His heart is much softer and I praise the Lord over and over again.

Thank you all, family and friends for your prayers and please don't stop:) And I pray that I will have faith in God's continuing work in my children even in long trying times of no fruit ahead. He alone can change the hearts of men.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord! I can't help but think of Gal. 6:9, "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Keep on going!

Kelly said...

YAY!!!! Praise God! I love that we are able to carry one another's burdens and pray for one another as a church. We will keep praying! (And please keep praying for my little boy, too!!) So glad that you are seeing fruit and evidences that God is indeed working in Nathan's heart!

Charlie and Lisa said...

What a God glorifying post, Marie, and what a joy to read! You are doing such a great job celebrating evidences of grace in your little man - thank you for your example. I will keep praying, too, and look forward to hearing about many more glimpses of God's grace in the future!!