Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Papa & Gramma Time

My parents came to visit the first week in July and we had a great time! It was also the 150th anniversary of Gettysburg (one of the main reasons they chose this week to visit:) I had never been there and it was really humbling to see the sacrifice and bravery of the men who fought in the Civil War. The kids thought the reenactments and the canons were great too:)
This was our attempt of a family picture...don't look too close, I did a really poor job switching Lydia's due to her refusal to look at the camera if someone she didn't know was taking the picture.
What a nut he is!
 We had great family times all week, lots of good food and fellowship!
Black raspberry pie! My favorite and I had two very ambitious helpers picking them this year...what a difference that makes!
Did I mention we had lots of good family time...and Emily and Tommy were such a blessing to have. They are great cousins who want to spend all their time playing with my kids. I so enjoyed having them and only wish the eldest was able to come too.

And these two were cut out of the same mold I think and were joined at the hip all week...I loved watching them play:)

No comments: