Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Dear Gramma...

Dear Gramma,
     Oh how I miss you. I miss your smile when I walk in the room or when any grand child is mentioned. I miss your hugs and your kisses. I miss your continued interest in what I was doing always. I miss walking down memory lane with you rehashing the "Good Old Days"., like when you carried me up the huge hill at your old home because I slammed my finger between two rocks at the creek...or cross country skiing in neighbors grape vineyards...our walks, hand in hand when I lived with you during college...concocting our wonderful dinners together on the grill...But I think most of all I am going to miss your presence, you were a steadfast presence, committed, dedicated, loyal, steady, faithful, constant, dependable, persevering, reliable....and somewhat stubborn which might not be so positive but it probably helped you through many hardships you faced in your lifetime. There is going to be a missing presence in our family now, we each are going to feel, because you held a special part of each of our hearts.
      I know you lived a long life and enjoyed life and I also know that you had many hardships and trials. You were one of the strongest people I knew and I was very proud to be your granddaughter.. I am very thankful for a conversation we had on one of your last days at the hospital...You were talking about how you have lived long enough and wanting to go to heaven. I believe I tried to talk you out of it and you scolded me saying, I wasn't right in saying that. And then you looked at me and said with a smile on your face, "But we will meet on the other side". You were ready to leave this earth even tough I wasn't. I am so thankful you were ready but I miss you so much. You were loved by so many and are missed so dearly...Until we meet again Gramma...

No comments: