It has been a very full week and I'm so thankful for God's hand in everything. Last Saturday Nathan and I flew to Texas to welcome my little niece Jacqueline into the family. My parents and grandmother were there also and it was good to share this time with them. Little Jackie is very precious but Nathan wasn't sure what to make of his new cousin, he kept calling her BabE and did not like it one bit when I was holding her, I had to sneak in some cuddle time while he was napping. My little sis, you are a beautiful mother and you have a beautiful daughter! I look forward to sharing mother moments with you:)


We returned home on Tuesday (I hope to never fly again with a toddler by myself, a 3 1/2 hour flight is a loooonng time:) and were so happy to be with Daddy again, we missed him so much! Nathan was squealing when he saw him at the airport. And then it was Thanksgiving, we had a really good time hanging out all day with Steve's family, it was very yummy and relaxing. I love Thanksgiving, a time to remember all God's goodness He has so richly lavished upon us, so, so much more then we deserve and yet He keeps it coming. This year we started a new tradition, an idea I have stolen from some friends from church, a Thankfulness tree. We had it on our table and for the month of November we wrote down things we were thankful for and hung them on the tree. Steve and I were both blessed by it, remembering all the good things God has done and has given to us. I look forward to next year when Nathan can take part in it more. (It's been fun starting new traditions with Nathan, I'm excited for Christmas:)

2 comments:
I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to see your sister and her baby. Jackie is beautiful! I'm sure that Nathan will get used to her eventually :-)
I also liked the Thanksgiving tree idea. I will have to remember that for next year (I love having traditions!).
Congratulations!!! yeah! Be sure to pass on congrats to your sister, Marie :) I'm sure the flights were challenging but I'm sure you and your sister and mom were all glad you made the effort - what a blessing to be able to visit her :)
Post a Comment