Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jesus doeth all things well

So...some cute little feet have entered our home. They have been here for two weeks now and we found out Wednesday that they will stay with us for at least another 6 months. What the Lord has for these little feet and for our home we don't know. These past two weeks have been...I don't know what the right word is. I do know that Steve and I are exhausted:) We are amazed at how family, friends and our church have showered us with prayers, meals and care. We are amazed at how much grace God has given us, how much He has taught us already and is still teaching us through this time. We are freshly aware at what peace comes when we place our trust in Him and His good will and stop trying to convince Him that we deserve things and know best:) God has blessed us with peace especially this past week and with it we are able to love this little one better and love and pray for her parents.
Sorry..we are not allowed to post any pictures or other information about this little one:( Nathan is showing more affection for her this week and wants to help me often to feed and wipe her mouth. He still struggles when we she is crying and we need to hold her but over all he is doing so well with her here.
A verse form a hymn that was brought to Steve's mind the other day and we have sung often this past week:

All The Way My Savior Leads Me

All the way my Savior leads me-

What have I to ask beside?

Can I doubt His tender mercy,

Who through life has been my guide?

Heavenly peace, divinest comfort,

Here by faith in Him to dwell!

For I know, whate'er befall me,

Jesus doeth all things well;

For I know, whate'er befall me,

Jesus doeth all things well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How glorious! Thank you for posting. We will be praying for you and for all the little feet in your home. I can't help but think of the verse from Isaiah 52, "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness." I know that this verse is speaking of the good news of salvation, so I hope that you will forgive me for applying it here, but it is such good and happy news! The Lord is at work in your lives and in the lives of your little ones. I am praying that YOU can be the feet that bring good news to this new little one, but I am mostly praying for the Lord's will, which it always best.

Anonymous said...

Those feet are VERY beautiful! Is it just me or are feet an issue with this family?! Just kidding. What a beautiful verse that Steve included here, I'd like to hear it someday, as I can't remember the tune (if I knew it)! And I echo Amber's comments on the song taken from Isaiah - so fitting! And God's blessings continue to fall upon you! How faithful He is! How faithful He is! Love you all. Please give a kiss to Nathan and Steve for me.

TripleFun said...

What a wonderful hymn! I haven't heard that one for so long. I sat here singing it to myself in the wee hours..praying for you, where the Lord has you today. Much Love..k