Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September

September is finally here! The past couple months we have been praying a lot and preparing as much as we feel we can and now we wait to see what the Lord has for us next. In January we told the Foster Care agency that in September we would open up our hearts and home for another child. We know that this could be a very different experience then we had with Nathan. We desire to adopt another child but when working with the Foster Care system this is no gaurentee, their first goal is always to work with the birth parents. We have told them that we would like a child who they think has a good chance of being placed for adoption, a 0-6 month old child, perferably a girl....and so we wait and see what God has for us. We could get a call tomorrow or it could be next year sometime, but thankfully god has given us grace and there is peace while we wait. He showed us so clearly with Nathan that when it's His timing ~ He brings it about. Please pray for us that we will continue to have wisdom in preparing Nathan for a foster sister/brother, pray for this baby that might already be born, wisdom that when we receive a call Steve and I would have a peace in knowing if we are to say yes, and that Steve and I would continue to trust the Lord and His plans for our family.
We bought Nathan this baby doll about a month ago and in this picture he is putting the pacifier in the baby's mouth, how cute:) I'm not posting the one I took right after this of him throwing the doll across the room!
And here is a picture of the nursery. It looks a little sterile, but that's because we don't know what more we will need until we know how old and what sex the baby will be. The bear is a little gift for the baby that Nathan picked out.

5 comments:

Audrey said...

How exciting, Marie! Looking forward to seeing all that God has planned for your sweet family=)

Kelly said...

YAY! We're so excited for your family! We'll be praying :)

Unknown said...

I'm so excited to hear this good news! I look forward to seeing how God's mighty hand will orchestrate all He has planned for you. I will be praying for you as you continue to wait on his perfect plan and perfect timing... I know it can be hard, but He will give grace for whatever He has planned. Yea!!!

Danielle said...

We will continue to pray for your and your family, Marie! And I love the nursery. I like the clean and bare look probably because I don't have it! :)

Bonnie said...

I was so excited to read this post! I will be praying for you as you wait on God's perfect timing.