Monday, October 19, 2009

Dedicated to the Lord

Nathan was dedicated to the Lord yesterday, October 18th 2009. We were exhorted to believe God for great things, believe in the power of the gospel in and through our lives for Nathan, believe that God has raised us up for such a time as this ~to raise Nathan for the Lord. Reminding us that children are a gift from God and need to be cherished by us and that God is our God and is our children's God and loves them so much more than we do. Pray with us for this little guy that above all else he would be saved from his sin, that his burden would fall of his back as he looks to the Cross of Christ. That's one of his favorite pages in the children's pilgrims progress, when the burden falls off Christian's back. He calls the book "The Big Burden Book" :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was sweet! I'll remember that now forever - the 'big burden book'! I have to admit - I like that part in the book too - where the 'big burden' falls off. You GO Nathan!