Saturday, October 31, 2009

What's going on

Time has seemed to fly by lately and slowed down at the same time. Our life has become much more busy in the past two months~Steve has had mandatory overtime and his photography business has been really busy lately so he has been a very busy husband and father. Nathan is growing up so quickly, he surprises us every day with things he says and talks about and does. I feel like he has grown inches in the past month. He is so busy! Our little baby girl is smiling all the time and cooing and gooing. She hates belly time and is showing no interest in rolling over which is o.k. with me:) Nathan is warming up to her more lately, wanting to share his toys with her and hold her hand and talk with her.
Nathan loves to help Mommy cook, pancakes are his favorite!
He finally realized that he could crawl out of his gate, he says to me "Mama, ook at me". Steve and I were quite happy to get rid of the gate in the dining room but a couple days after we did Nathan asks to go in it. I told him we put it away and he started to cry. He really did like it which is why we kept it up so long.
And the leaves are here again...some big ones.

We had some visitors come and play a trick on Nathan but they also gave him a treat. Nathan didn't know quite what to think of his Poppy and Grammy:) and Heidi stole Grammy's nose and really wanted her colorful hair.
And here he is with his scissors, he learned how to cut pretty quick. I put them on his right hand but he kept switching to his left. One day I think he's going to be left handed and the next day I think he's going to be right? I have no idea yet.

2 comments:

TripleFun said...

Loved the video of Nathan cutting..that's Marissa's favorite thing to do now too..great to get an update on the happenings..the leaves look great, especially from this desert vantage point. Your little girl sounds darling. Nathan is transitioning naturally into awesome big brother status..it happened at a gradual pace for us.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so precious Ree. My how that young man is growing! It sounds like Heidi had the most fun with Halloween tho! And you know, he could be ambidextrous (sp?). Wouldn't that be something! Love you all!