
Did you ever read the book
Blueberries For Sal? That's all I kept thinking about on our strawberry picking adventure. I think I might have heard one "kuplunk" from Nathan after much persuading and had to tell him to "run along" a couple times after he "pulled out a large handful" of the strawberries in my pail.

We went to a Strawberry farm that a friend of ours told us about and thankfully Daddy came with us because Nathan was quite the little boy. Lydia did great...She looked like this for almost the whole time but for a teeny little bit of the time she was upside down in the stroller looking up at the beautiful blue sky. Those straps around her are not to keep her from climbing out, they are brother protection.

And then Daddy took us to get some ice cream..Yum

And here are some of our 17 lbs that we (Steve and I) picked. I "canned them for next winter":)
3 comments:
Yay Marie! I am glad you were able to go. I think I would def. need Joel to corral my little bundles of boy if I didn't have the bigger ones there to do it for me! Nathan looks pretty clean for all the strawberries he ate!
I agree, I'm impressed that the strawberries got all in his mouth! I have to put clothes on my kids that I don't care if they ever wear again. :)
The patch looks very healthy and bushy! and the strawberries look wonderful! It's fun to all go together :)
I can't believe you picked 17 pounds! What fun. I want to come over for some strawberry shortcake.
xo,
Julia
Post a Comment