Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vaca in July

Last week Steve had a week vacation...how kind of the Lord to give him rest and let us spend time with him and other family. At the beginning of the week we headed to Ohio to visit my family. Nathan had a blast of course and Lydia warmed up quickly to everyone...except my brother:(
(I love the bed heads on both Papa and Lydia)
She did finally let him hold her...for a minute or two:) We have proof!
We did have a great time with everyone. we really enjoyed the creek walk and I know Nathan's highlights were playing with his cousins and watching the fireworks on the 4th in Gramma and Papa's driveway:)

Back home we had a much needed rainy day. Nathan enjoyed playing in the rain and I had to include this one of Lydia:)
Another highlight for Nathan..his canoe trip with Poppy and Daddy. He had been looking forward to this all week and he had a great time with the boys.
I think Poppy got to relax a little as well:)
It was a great week together. We did some shopping and caught up on some things around the house, we had a campfire with Aunt Meg and Uncle Jay and their kiddos and thanks to some dear friends Steve and I were able to squeeze a much needed date night into the week as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pics are SSSOOO beautiful - thank you for sharing them! Even tho Jackie has only had sole posession of my screen saver for a couple weeks now - I think I'm going to have to swap one of these in - they are just too PRECIOUS! I'm so glad that you both got a date night in too - you really them every so often - don't you! Hugs and kisses to all - love you guys (miss you guys too)!

Charlie and Lisa said...

So glad you guys got some time away (and a date night to boot!). I'm really impressed with Nathan's bravery...I don't think Jacob would ever let us put him in a canoe!

Amy and Brian said...

wow...as I was checking out your pics..I was just struck by how Nathan does not look like alittle toddler anymore, but an honest to goodness big kid!! Last summer he looked so small and cute...now he still looks cute, but with an air of "I;m a big kid" Woah!