Monday, July 19, 2010

Moving Forward

Lydia is now sporting a walker:) She loves this new way to get around and I think she is very anxious to walk and run like her big brother. She absolutely loves to watch Nathan run (and so do I unless he is running away from me when I am calling). As I have said before, it seems like she's changing everyday. She now has 5 teeth and she is also calling me Ma-Ma which melts my heart every time I hear it:)

She looks like such a big girl here
We had been at a stand still waiting for Lydia's birth certificate to come, over 4 weeks which usually takes maybe two. I was really struggling with anxiety and a little anger over the wait and was voicing my frustrations in care group last Sunday. Right after I shared Lydia awoke. I went to rock her to sleep and my dear friend had this scripture hanging in her room:
Habakkuk 2:3b
"If it seems slow, wait for it;
it will surely come; it will not delay."
God was so, so kind to me, calming my fears even in my sin, my lack of trust, bringing me back to His sovereignty. He has ordained when this adoption will take place and it will not be a day late. I am so thankful that the Lord gave me this verse!
And God also has a sense of humor:), the next day CYS received her birth certificate, last Monday. So we got our paper work from the lawyer, notarized and back to the Lawyer yesterday so now I am very happily waiting to hear when our court date will be trusting the Lord and His perfect timing.

4 comments:

MamaW said...

So sweet! Love the pics of the two of them. She will be walking in no time. A beautiful and very happy family. :)

Amy and Brian said...

Funny that you should write about that verse...its the same one I just found to remind myself to be patient as I wait for Baby G's arrival.

I really want her to be born, and not just because I don't want to be pregnant (most days that isn't too bad), but because I want to finally meet her.

Thank you again for the reminder:o)
I am glad you did not need to wait any longer!!!

Audrey said...

So grateful to hear the birth certificate arrived. God is so kind to give us His word and specific verses in our struggles. I love moments like that where I feel His intentional love for me. Thanks for sharing=)

Danielle said...

I love seeing pictures of your sweet little family. I am so glad that God reminded you to be patient, and then didn't make you wait that much longer!