Saturday, July 19, 2008

Grace Unending All Our Days

 So despite what it might seem so far this blog is not all about Nathan, however he does steal the show most times:)  We got the title of our blog from a song that we sing at our church, the words are great and remind Steve and I that all that we have is because of His grace. I wanted to share~

Grace Unmeasured
Grace unmeasured vast and free
That knew me from eternity
That called me out before my birth
To bring You glory on this earth
Grace amazing, pure and deep
That saw me in my misery
That took my curse and owned my blame 
So I could bear Your righteous name

Chorus
Grace paid for my sins
And brought me to life
Grace clothes me with power
To do what is right
Grace will lead me to heaven
Where I'll see Your face
And never cease to thank You for Your grace

Grace abounding, strong and true
That makes me long to be like You 
That turns me from my selfish pride
To love the cross on which You died
Grace unending all my days
You'll give me strength to run this race
And when my years on earth are through
The praise will all belong to You


Steve and I had our first date night in 3 plus months thanks to Grammy and Poppy for babysitting not only Nathan but his 3 cousins.  We went to Starbucks (our signature date night place) and then had dinner and enjoyed talking with each other without interruption, enjoyed remembering highlights in our marriage, what God has done and how we need to trust him with things in our future. We had a great time together but were also looking forward to picking up our little boy.  I did notice how quiet it was in the car without him:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad that you and Steve got to have some time alone. I always love it when Jim and I get to go out, but at the very same time, I miss my boys when we go out. I guess that it can be a good thing to miss them though (as the old adage goes: absence make the heart grow fonder). Hope that you and Steve will have many more opportunities to spend time together as a couple!