Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hands













I've been thinking about my hands lately, probably because they have been causing me some aches and pains.  But despite that I have been contemplating how many wonderful things we do with our hands throughout our days.

If I didn't have hands I could not...

Hold my husbands or child's hand
Hold Nathan close
Wipe away his tears 
Rub his back
Pick him up when he's hurt
Tickle him and make him laugh so
Stroke his face
Feed him
Bath him
And many more good things I could not do including serving and caring
(not to mention I love my hands because they remind me of my Mom, right Little Sis)

I am so grateful my God gave me hands, help me to use them for serving and not sin.
Psalm 63:4
"So I will bless You as long as I live;
In Your name I will lift up my hands"


And then for you Mom, some pictures of Nathan from this week:)





Nathan and I had a play date
with friends from church and
he was having a ball running
up and down their hill.
He isn't quite at the stage of 
playing with other kids but he 
does enjoy playing around them.






This is Nathan saying 
    "Help MaMa"
His fingers were stuck 
         in the holes

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Neat thoughts about hands. Ethan and I had a conversation about our necks at dinner tonight- how we can move our head side to side and up and down. God is truly an amazing Creator!

I love the shadow picture. I think that your blog is not only going to be informational, but artistic as well! How fun :-)

cb4swife said...

What a great thoughts Marie! I found your blog so I hope you do not mind me checking up on you guys :) I love the picture to the right of the 3 of you ( I still love to say that about you and Steve and Nathan) and the generational pic you had below...God has been so good! Love ya...Shannon