Thursday, January 22, 2009

Beautiful

My word to describe yesterday is~ Beautiful, our God gave us a beautiful adoption day! Steve and I are officially parents of this dear little boy, it amazes me every time I think about it. We drove into Reading with Juel belonging still to the county and we drove out of the city with Nathan Robert belonging to us, the city no longer has a hold of him - just like our adoption in Christ Jesus.  The court hearing was short but so poignant, Steve and I both began our questioning before the judge with placing our hand on the bible which was so neat. Other highlights were hearing his new name being pronounced and then the judge proclaiming the adoption is complete. We felt so blessed to be able to share this moment with such dear friends and family who then came back to our house to celebrate with us. And today...there is still excitement. It's not like Christmas were there is all kinds of prep work and then your sad when it's over, yesterday was wonderful and we have beautiful memories, but today and the rest we, by the mercy of God, get to be a family of three, we get to love and parent Nathan for as long as the Lord allows.  We thank Him continually for giving us Nathan Robert! And we thank you all for your prayers and support.


Here is a picture with the judge right after the adoption, Nathan has no clue what just took place but could Steve and my smiles be any bigger?
The proud Grandparents with a tired little Grandson who didn't want to give up his tinker toys:)

What a cutie! He looks so big in his suit:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh marie, how I LOVE the picture of Steve adjusting Nathan's tie! What a beautiful day for sure! Congratulations guys! We are so happy for you!

Kelly said...

Yes, that tie picture is just precious! What a beautiful picture of God's adoption of us! We are beyond thrilled for you, Steve, and Nathan! We love you! Happy Adoption Day, Nathan! Hurray!!!

cb4swife said...

Oh my Marie...what a great God we have! I am overwhelmed with his goodness as I read your post...I don't have the words to express all that is in my heart for you, Steve and Nathan Robert... congratulations. Thank you God for bringing this dear little boy to Steve and Marie and for allowing us to walk along side of them. I love the picture of the tie adjustment too :) We love you guys...Shannon

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephen's Family said...

I had to delete a comment, sorry Danielle. My Mom came to me with concern about the mention of our last name on our website and I have taken her advise as well as others and am trying to be more private...but I still wanted to post the comment so I pasted it in. Thank you Danielle for your kind words.

Happy Adoption day Nathan !! We are alle excited here, I just explained to the kids what a special day this is for you!! Congratulations, and I love the picture of Steve and Nathan too, that is really sweet.

Yay!!!!!
Love the Madison family

Audrey said...

Yay!!!! Oh Marie I am rejoicing with you all over the blessing of this little precious boy that you have longed for, for so long. God is faithful and go amazingly kind! The pictures are so much fun. Thanks for sharing your beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

Steve and ReeRee: What a wonderful time Mom and I had with you all on Wednesday (and Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of course)! The pictures are SO beautiful, and the memories are SO sweet! We truly serve a wonderful God! He IS our Jehovah Jireh! He IS the Alpha and Omega! He IS the author and sustainer of life. He IS truly 'the Way, and the Truth, and the Life'! His blessings are from everlasting to everlasting. And His providence has given you both such a treasure! You three make such a beautiful family, and Mom and I are SO blessed to have you all in our family. I give the praise to my God and my King! You GO Lord! We love you all so much. Mom and Dad C.

Amy Morris said...

Marie and Steve,
What a wonderful blog showing the excitement that has transpired in your lives over the past year and the power of God in your lives. The photos are awesome! I will add this to my favorites especially since the blog is for "out of towners"...that would be us! Love you and are so proud of you both! You make wonderful parents and complement each other beautifully in your marriage! Love,
Dave, Amy, Abby, Caleb and Samuel

MamaW said...

Praise God!
What a portrait of His grace, faithfulness and, simply, love. And now you and Steve have the opportunity to pour out the same on your little man - I've never seen such a beautiful family. He is precious - a true gift from God.
My arms ache to hold him and welcome him to the family!
Love you all so much.