Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Celebrations

Well, here is our long overdue Christmas post~ We had a wonderful Christmas with Nathan, I think I was much more excited then he was because he really had no clue what was going on:) We were able to start some new traditions for Christmas, Steve and I enjoyed the Jesse Tree (I think Nathan will be able to understand it better next year I hope). Christmas morning we had a breakfast birthday cake for Jesus and then were able to enjoy our Christmas together. Nathan's favorite gift from us was his soccer ball:) Then we headed over to Steve's parents for a day of fellowship and fun. It was so great to just hang out with the whole family and the kids enjoyed playing with their Thomas the train sets the boys received from Grammy and Poppy. Over New Years we headed to Ohio to visit my family, first to my brothers for a New Years Eve Party/Christmas. My Sister-in-law made so much yummy food and we had a great time hanging out with them. The kids were soo excited to give Nathan his gifts, I loved watching that, and Nicolas the drummer gave Nathan his first lesson:) Then to my parents for the weekend, I forgot to get out the camera for most of the time here but we had a relaxing sweet time with them and Steve and I were able to sneak away for a date night. We are looking forward to more time with them in a couple weeks when they come here for Nathan's adoption:)
Thank you Lord for blessing us this Christmas with such sweet times with our son. It still amazes me that last year we had no clue about him, but You did. Thank you family for how you love all three of us~ we love you too!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That all sounds like so much fun, Marie! And I applaud you for enjoying the moments without the camera :) I have a hard time doing that sometimes... I love the hats - we did that one year with my family for new years... and I was just thinking too - as I looked at the fridge of last year's christmas picture of you and Steve, thinking, "we had no idea about Nathan just one year ago!" How amazing - how fun - what a blessing! :) love ya! looking forward to seeing you guys again soon!

cb4swife said...

What a fun holiday! I love all the pics! The 21st is coming fast!!! love ya...Shannon