
"Consider the Lilies, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." Luke 12:27
Well, I know this is not a lily, BUT God made it grow in September, I sure didn't. I was sick of my overgrown rose bushes in July and knowing nothing of caring for roses and hearing stories of how hard they are to take care of, I chopped them all down to stumps. ~ This is what grew in September. Isn't God amazing!
Easy Granola Bars
I wanted to make a granola bar for Steve's lunches in place of a dried fruit/nut mix I make him. I came across this recipe at the Allrecipe website and it turned out really yummy and much more cost effective as well. You can substitute any dried fruits, nuts, etc. (I used peanuts raisins dried pineapple, choc. chips and whatever else I had and I also put one egg in the mix to help it stick together. Steve loves them. Recipe below:3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons butter, milted
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350, grease a 9X13 pan
In large bowl mix everything together until well blended and press flat into pan. Bake for 20 min. until lightly browned around the edged. Let cool and cut.

1 comment:
YEAH!!!! I must tell you THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!! I have been looking for a yummy granola bar recipe for sometime! I am so excited...I have a yummy granola cereal recipe...but I was unable to make it into bars...Hopefully I get this one to work for me :) I love the rose too! I love when God does neat things like that. Love ya...Shannon
Post a Comment