Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentine's~ Take Two

This past Friday Grammy and Poppy had Nathan for an overnight and Steve and I celebrated our Valentine's day, but we were not alone....a cold was hanging over my head:(  Yes, I was sick but God was kind and blessed our time together despite fatigue and a runny nose.  We were looking for a very casual relaxed place to eat and tried out a new place we have been curious about for a long time, the BBQ Pit - We loved it! Very relaxed and Great prices. We then came home and watched Fireproof and really enjoyed that as well. I love watching a movie that points you to the gospel. It reminded me of some of the points from the marriage retreat we went to a month ago- how we need to love others as Jesus has loved us because He has loved us, regardless of whether we think they are deserving or not, sacrificial, putting others above ourselves... 

The rest of the weekend Steve loved me so well, putting me above himself.  I was so tired and he served me in so many ways, looking for opportunities to let me rest, helping so much with Nathan and strongly encouraging me to take naps, something I don't like to do. By Sunday after a nap I felt much better.

What a wonderful Valentine's Day! My Husband showed his love for me so well and it wasn't with flowers or gifts, it was with time and sacrifice and words~I love you Steve!

P.S. Next post will have some Pics of Nathan:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ree: You are so blessed to have a husband with a servant's heart! And Mom and I are so blessed by that fact also! I'm thrilled to hear that you both were able to enjoy some quality time together. That movie (Fireproof) is one of the best movies that I have ever seen! The message is so important for men all over this country (and the world) to grasp. You are right on with your assessment Ree! Love you three so much, Dad.