Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This is too small, but these fit "just right"


Grammy took Nathan to get his feet fitted for shoes.  He has been complaining when we put shoes on him and we were wondering if his feet were wide, come to find out Mommy had him in a size too small plus his feet need a wide shoe. (Poor Nathan-How on earth are you supposed to know what shoe size little toddlers are??)  This shoe store specializes in children's shoes and has shoes for all feet types.  Grammy bought Nathan probably his first pair of shoes that fit him:) Thanks Grammy!!!! And then she took us to lunch.  It was a fun morning and great to chat with my Mother-in-law. I enjoyed our discussion on the book she's reading, Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges. It got me thinking of how much we need a Savior and what Christ has truly done for me. I hope to read the book soon and I have to confess I think I was speeding a little on my way home-(a respectable sin)

3 comments:

Danielle said...

when I took Benny for shoes at a real shoe store, rather than KMart like normal I found out that his poor little piggies were in shoes two sizes too small and he needed extra wide (as a toddler) so I don't think you did too bad with Nathan at all. They have so many cute shoes for little kids. I am glad you had a fun day.

Anonymous said...

I think all my kids have worn shoes way too small for them - their feet just grow so fast as toddlers! But their feet do slow down when they get older and then their shoes wear out before they need a new size. ~ And it Sounds like a great book. I know I've thought about reading it before. You'll have to let me know when you read it. What a blessing to share fellowship with your Mother in law like that on your shoe shopping trip :)

Unknown said...

I had to get extra-wide shoes for Ethan, too, until he got in the bigger sizes. Most toddler shoes are not wide enough for them (maybe it's a ploy to get you to spend more money on the expensive brands that carry extra-wide shoes :-) Their little feet really do grow so fast that it's hard to keep up. I was told that you can usually get away with buying shoes that are up to a size bigger than their feet measure, so I usually buy them a little big so they last longer. Just something to keep in mind. Glad that you got to spend soem quality time with your mother-in-law. What a blessing!