Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tag... I'm it


So I have been "tagged" to write 5 things I love about my husband which is such a joy to do. 

One.   He loves the Lord  This is what drew me to love him when we were dating. He loves his Savior and desires to please Him in all areas of his life.  He reads books and listens to tapes and messages, I love how worship songs bring him to tears. He consistently evaluates areas of his life that he needs to grow in. He prays.

Two.   He loves his family  I love the way he loves me and cares for me. He is always looking for ways to serve me, helping me around the house or taking Nathan for a little bit so I can get some things done. He washes dishes and changes diapers:) He makes an effort to spend time with me after Nathan goes to bed.  He pursued me when we were dating and he still does.  -  I love how he loves Nathan, he loves spending time with him and teaching him things. He loves waking him up on the weekends and has not missed helping to put him to bed at night as long as he's home. He loves being a Daddy and I love watching him in this new role.

Three.   He is a hard worker  He works hard at Deka, factory work that is not the easiest, he strives to please the Lord here. He works at his business, Fotografic, wanting this to be our second income because he wants me to stay at home with Nathan.  He has been such a godly business man as he has built this side business and works many extra hours to provide for us. He works on the house and cars and yard, taking care of repairs and making improvements.

Four.   He is Gentle  He is gentle with me, he is gentle with Nathan, he has a gentle spirit. He is sensitive to me and seeks to draw me out and care for me when I'm upset or struggling with something. He is gentle with Nathan when he is directing/instructing him. He is patient. 

Five.   His Humor  Many people don't know this about Steve other than his family but he can be very silly and I love when he is, it makes me laugh as well as anyone else who is watching. 
I have to add that I love his artistic gifts and I love when we get a chance to be creative together.

I am so grateful to be married to this man, he is my very best friend and I am blessed to be walking with him on this earthly journey!

(Everyone I know who blogs has already been tagged except for Amber -you're "it":)  But I also "tag" Kathy (after you have your baby), Mom, Naty, Mom R, Julia and Kim to write or tell your husband 5 things you love about them:)

6 comments:

cb4swife said...

Wonderful job honoring Steve! We are blessed women aren't we. I love all the recent pics too. I always love looking at your pictures...love ya...Shannon

Anonymous said...

...and Six (6) he is humble! You indeed have a great husband Marie, and Mom and I have acquired a great son in the process! Love you three! Dad.

Danielle said...

great post Marie. I loved the black and white photos. I am just not creative enough to do anything with the photos except download them...You are a very blessed woman.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love the pics of Steve (you'll have to tell me how you do the scrapbook looking pages).

Just curious- am I the Amber who is tagged? I was assuming that I am, but I didn't know if there was some other Amber that you knew. If I am, are there any rules, or is it pretty straightforward? Just wanted to know.

Stephen's Family said...

You are the Amber:) I think it's just to write 5 things and then pick 5 women to tag next:)